Thursday, April 4, 2013

Moment of Truth fanzine - Issue #1

In my head, "Moment of Truth" is a song by Madball (off the Look My Way album), and now it is also a new hardcore fanzine ran by Ricky of Backtrack. I figured since Backtrack is pretty awesome, it would be a good idea to get my hands on this zine, so I didn't hesitate to buy it when I saw it advertised by WAK (our local Greek HC/punk distro).

So this small zine (A5 size, 36 pages, full color, glossy paper) falls in the category of "true" hardcore zines -- yup, just the type we like! There are many crust and hardcore/punk zines of the leftist category which is fine by me, but then again it's also pretty awesome to have some hardcore zines that are just about the 'core, the mosh and the good times. And that's exactly what Moment of Truth is about.

In this first issue, there are interviews with Terror axeman Jordan Posner, Take Offense, Xibalba, Freddy Madball explaining lyrics to a couple of Madball songs, King Nine and a small tour report written by Surburban Scum's Karebear. Awesome shit! Even though the interviews are kinda short and don't really go in depth, I am sure this is something that can be covered on the next issue. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed Karebear's tour report, which is full of stories about moshing, partying, fattening food and general mischief. That's the way to go people! It totally put me in the right mood for living and appreciating this hardcore lifestyle.

Yeah.. I totally recommend this zine to fans of tough, no-frills hardcore and the bands mentioned above. We need to support moves like this coming from this particular scene, cause otherwise the zines won't be made and PC punks everywhere will still blame hardcore kids for being... "bullheads", even though that might be the case. Now bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment